As you know, each year Save the Harbor/Save the Bay hosts 4 signature events that raise awareness about our mission and also raise funds to support our work.
· The Harpoon Helps Cupid Splash (March) is a cold-water plunge and pledge fundraiser on the beach in South Boston. It is sponsored by Harpoon and JetBlue Airways, and is entering its fourth year. In 2013 more than 200 participants raised more than $30,000 from 200 participants and 500 donors to support our beaches small grants program.
· The Fan Pier Invitational Youth Fishing Tournament (July) gives 50 underserved youth and teens the chance to enjoy a day of fishing and fun on Boston Harbor on donated fishing boats with volunteer captains and crews. It is sponsored by the Fallon Company and Circle Furniture, and generated about $5,000 in sponsorships in 2013.
· The Swim and Paddle for Boston Harbor (August) is a competitive, chip timed one mile open water swim and paddleboard competition. In 2013 we had 75 participants and raised more than $5,000 to support our youth and beach programs.
· The 4th Annual Beach Bash and Splash (August) is our end of the season celebration of clean water for youth and teens from across the city at M Street beach in South Boston, which is now one of the cleanest urban beaches in America. In 2013 the event brought more than 788 young people to the beach for a fun filled day including an old fashioned cookout and a simultaneous splash into the clean waters of Boston Harbor, and generated more than $10,000 in sponsorships.
In 2013, these events generated dozens of articles in the regional press and the local community newspapers, and extensive television and radio coverage as well.
In 2014, Save the Harbor/Save the Bay is looking to recruit a handful of new corporate partners for these great events. Sponsorships typically range from $2,500 to $25,000, and benefits include the opportunity to associate your company, product or brand with a popular environmental organization with more than 5,000 supporters. Benefits also include:
- Recognition and acknowledgement in our newsletter, blog and program materials
- Mentions in all press releases, media advisories and on social media sites
- Invitations to our beach programs kick off event, and the events that you sponsor
- Logo on program and event materials including signage, banners and web site
- The opportunity to present your product or brand at the event
- The opportunity to have your company logo appear in our event advertising, which will include full page ads in community newspapers
There are also a limited number of exclusive high visibility opportunities available – including naming rights and anchor sponsorships - as well as opportunities for employee engagement and participation which we would be delighted to discuss with you at your convenience.
If you would like to learn more about how your company can be a part of what is shaping up to be a tremendous season on Boston Harbor, please give me us call at 617-451-2860 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch a short video about our 2013 events on Boston Harbor
Post a Comment