Friday, August 20, 2010
Boston Children's Musuem
Throughout the summer of 2010 I had a terrific summer teaching the participants at the Boston Children's Museum about marine life in Boston Harbor, specifically the Fort Point Channel. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday the Save the Harbor staff taught over 600 participants from families to camp groups and BCM staff about marine life in the Fort Point Channel.
Some of my great memories at this site from the summer are:
- only one sea creature, LOBSTER. That was all we needed that day!
- Every child caught a fish, nothing could compare to the smiles we saw
- watching the Save the Harbor staff make strides in their teaching practices.
- passing on my knowledge to the participants around us and they then transferred it to their parents and other children!
- catching a fish in the crab trap!
- Talking with parents about the strides Boston Harbor has taken and all the exciting events in and around the harbor.
The Boston Children's Museum is a great place to meet marine life. Thank you to all the participants who helped fill our touch tank with various sea creatures.
See you next time!